Melanoma and Me

A magical journey through a world of scalpels, stitches, radiation bombardment, gnomes, and hopefully hershey's kisses. Do you hear me? Hersheys. Kisses.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Foxtrot

So I really enjoy the cartoon Foxtrot. I'm not entirely sure why, but it's probably because it's a dork's paradise. That's like a rappers paradise except it references LOTR, WOWC, Star Wars, and physics instead of guns, hos, and money money dolla bill y'all.

Now is the time you should be asking, "Kyle, you increadible git! What does Foxtrot have to do with you having melanoma? I'm so confused and I hate you for making me confused!" Well I'll tell you, Foxtrot has nothing to do with melanoma.

Except that I like it. And my Quasimoledos hate it. You see melanoma is like Al Qaeda, and Foxtrot is my 'Merican freedoms. Quasimoledo hates my American freedoms. Sometimes it's hard to harbor islands of extreme Islamic terrorist groups on my back, but I perservere. It would be un-American of me not to. And John Ashcroft would stop being a lobyist and crush me under his steel-toed boot.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quasimoledos. Awesome.

Foxtrot and the geek references r0xx0rs - but I still don't think the strip is all that funny. Maybe I'm still pining for the days of Outland, Far Side, and Calvin & Hobbes.

Kids these days just don't understand good comics. :P

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Calvin & Hobbes is, truly, the paragon against which all other strips must be judged. But I loves me some Foxtrot.

Don't listen to her Bill Amend! She knows not what she says!!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta say, I like Foxtrot but I don't think I'm that much of a dork that I fully appreciate all of its nuances. You should check our Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy. I found them in the NC comic section when I was at Mike's and they're hysterical - and completly absurdity.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Pearls before Swine is a very excellent strip. It's too bad the fascists at the news journal don't like it. They don't like our 'Murican Freedoms. Just to show my disdain for them I refuse to capitalise news journal.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of "Native" Murican Freedoms, since I'm 1/8th Native American. And Kyle, I'm going to avoid any Red Bloody Savage comments, which would refer simultaneously both to your full-blooded Choctaw heritage, and of course your bleeding back. I wouldn't want everyone reading this to know I'm an insensitive ass. Here's another one - when do you get your biopsy results? I'll bet everyone else is curious too, but too 'caring' or 'sensitive' to ask. Refer to 'insensitive ass' comment, though. But Calvin & Hobbes was pretty cool, though.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let the white man get you down! Rock on my minority brutha!

See, we Asians have a little bit of a soft spot for the "Native American." Because, really, he's the Asian with a really bad sense of direction, who got lost and ended up in Alaska where he migrated south and got wiped out by the white man.

If you'd stayed with us, you could have invented paper & gunpowder too.

Damn, but I love speaking for a whole race. Hapas rule.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Martin didn't tell me when I can expect the biopsy report. You see he's a very nice man, but his African upbringing was in a French colonial area. So his English skills are not quite up to the standards I would like when speaking of cancer. My next doctor should be much better.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, who invited Erik? Go back to mexico you damned, dirty puta!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody speaks your dirty mexican here, puta - now don't you have some dishes to go wash?

(I'm 1/8th Native American)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home