Melanoma and Me

A magical journey through a world of scalpels, stitches, radiation bombardment, gnomes, and hopefully hershey's kisses. Do you hear me? Hersheys. Kisses.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My prediction

Ok, so here's my prediction about what's going to happen with my doctor's appointment. I base it on no science or real knowledge. This is just my total gut prediction.

I will go to the doctor and within the next week I'll have to have a whole lot of moles cut off.

-Those biopsies will come back as pre-cancerous. One or two may be melanoma, but not a very advanced state of melanoma.

-I will get a little radiation and some more cutting. I'll be sore and tired for about a week.

-I'll go back to the dermatologist in another six months in which time I'll have some more moles removed that will be pre-cancerous or in some way atypical.

-This will be a common occurance of going to the doctor every six months to have some moles cut off before they turn into full-blown melanoma.

It may hurt, but I'll deal with it. But then I'll get better. We'll see if i'm right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home