Melanoma and Me

A magical journey through a world of scalpels, stitches, radiation bombardment, gnomes, and hopefully hershey's kisses. Do you hear me? Hersheys. Kisses.

Monday, February 27, 2006

The gift of John

So yesterday I got a gift from my friend John. I appreciate it, I think it's an awesome gift. I've always wanted a book of mormon for my very own. Especially since my people are the lost sixth tribe of the Isrealites. I think that's awesome.

He also gave me some hershey's kisses, a cigar, A pair of Bracers of Power, 5 mystic stones, 1 girl scout pen, and one small, yellow troll. I think all in all this is a pretty good haul, and I very much appreciate it. Especially of interest was the mini reece's peanut butter cup with the message taped to it that says, "you're a damned home wrecker Kyle." I'm not entirely sure how or what home I wrecked, but we all know that my heart is a cold, dead stone, so I'll accept that I did, in fact, wreck a home.

This girlscout pen friggin' rules. For one thing it's huge. It sort of makes me feel slightly inferior. But there's all kinds of springs and gears and sprokets and stuff inside the pen, and when I push a button it makes this donkey laugh. It really is a great pen. My thanks to John, his mother, Becky, and the girl scouts of america.

One other thing. I'm calling off the dogs. I have all the chocolate I could ever eat. I think I'm going into insulin shock. At this rate I'll die of diabetes before the cancer. Thanks for it all, and I appreciate it a lot, but really, I just got done being a giant fat-ass, I need to move in the other direction now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That girl scout pin sounds like bad news for you Kyle...we all know how you love to constantly take things apart and put them together, and pens are always one of the main culprits

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jody, you wrote 'pin' for pen; are you suggesting that even your writing has an occasional accent? Were you the one born in Texas, or was that Kyle?

And I'd like to point out to everyone that Kyle and I have been friends for some retarded amount of time, like what - 14? - years, so I'm sure that he actually knows that there's no 'h' in Jon. Of course, Kyle's never pretended to be the smartest man, only the . . . yeah, you all read his other post.

Glad you appreciated the Book of Mormon, Kyle. Renounce heathanism and embrace hedonism. Or at least polygamy.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle and I were both born in Texas, where it doesn't matter how you spell things and you are encouraged at a young age to create new words and find your own individual style when pronouncing the names of other countries

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess a George Bush joke would be too easy here.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home