Melanoma and Me

A magical journey through a world of scalpels, stitches, radiation bombardment, gnomes, and hopefully hershey's kisses. Do you hear me? Hersheys. Kisses.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Just got back from the doctor

Hey gang,

So I just got back from the doctor's office, and here's the deal. He looked at my seeping moles, which happened to not be seeping at the time, and he was ready with his, "laser beam." He shot my quasimoledos with this, "laser beam" in an attempt to cauterize the bleeding hearts of my damned liberal quasimoledos. You would think that my cancer would be against universal healthcare. I guess it takes all kinds.

Anyways, judging by the odd smell and the stinging I would say that the "laser beam" did something, and I haven't seen any blood in the past hour. I should take a moment here and say that these "laser beams" are nothing compared to the laser carbines that the storm troopers use. I'm guessing the pansy Alderaanian guards on Princess Leia's Corellian Corvette used "laser beams" like these and that was a major contributing factor to why they did so poorly against the invading storm troopers. That and the ion cannons from the star destroyer disabling the shields, engines, and turbolaser batteries on the Corvette. As if a corvette could escape the iron clutches of a star destroyer anyway. Well actually, there must have been an interdicter cruiser there that we didn't see. But I digress.

So the doctor shot my quasimoledos with this "laser beam" and then told me to keep my apointment for Wednesday at which time the original suposition of one removal and biopsy has been upped to five removals and biopsies. He said that results could take as long as two weeks, but are usually much faster. It depends on the backlog at the lab they send the biopsies to.

So that's the story of that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the new doctor's name? How would you rate him so far, on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a drunken version of Dr. Nick (hi everybody!) using his Mom's basement for office space and residence, and requires cash payment up-front to cover his crystal meth addiction; and 10 being a buxom and topless swedish supermodel, who has both liberal and adventurous views on sexual fraternization with patients, and a cure for cancer?

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and this cure for cancer would involve a quarter keg of Irish stout, a hearty cigar, a second helping of good ole sexual fraternization, and topped off with a jaunt through the America's cup with Dennis Conner.

Followed by more sexual fraternization.



With the doctor, of course. Not Dennis Conner.



Unless you're into that sort of thing.




Fairy!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home