Melanoma and Me

A magical journey through a world of scalpels, stitches, radiation bombardment, gnomes, and hopefully hershey's kisses. Do you hear me? Hersheys. Kisses.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What happened at the doctor's office, part 2

This may or may not have been how my trip to the doctor's office went today.

So I showed up at the doctor's office, flashed my insurance card, payed my copay, and sat in the waiting room for a few moments in which time I read the News Journal article about the UD physics teacher who sings in the heavy metal hate bands.

So then I'm called back and the doctor comes in to look at me. He has some interesting comments, and here they are.

-The one mole on the edge of my armpit is supposedly on the mammary line and he says that it may be the growth of a third nipple and not actually a mole. Supposedly the begining stages are hard to differentiate from melanoma. But regardless it's gone now and on the way to the lab to be biopsied.

-He took the other moles to be biopsied. Two are very annoying because they're right on the end of my shoulder blades. These suck.

-So after removing them he told me that the biopsies would take 2 or 3 weeks to get the results back.

- He also said, "I'll tell you right now that I would bet that these are going to come back as abnormal so I think we'd better schedule you to come back and have more off right now. No sense waiting."

So that's the deal. He didn't even give me pain killers so now I hurt a lot. Sorry Jon, I think I'm going to bail on tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries Kyle, if I saw some nurse get her are sliced clean off by a 'laser beam', I'd probably be disinclined to socialize, too. Pain is lousy, too. Another time, just say the word.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've got [name removed for their protection]'s horse-tranquilizer motrin. 800 mg baby - ohh yeah.

Re: flopping arms. I'm surprised at you Kyle - you should know by now that arms spray blood, do not flop, and become concave at the top when sliced by a laser/lightsaber.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err, not anonymous. That was me.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home